WordPress ClickBank Plugin v1.0

I am so happy to share this with you guys and gals …

The way it all started:

I am a big fan of wordpress CMS and i am using it in over 30 sits of mine,

I am also a big fan of clickbank  ( Who isn’t?)  , so far so good right?

Wrong i searched every where for an easy way to display clickbank ads

on my blogs and after 3 years of searching i gave up.

How does it work? :

Simple the plugin will search our ever growing database of clickbank products by a given keyword

and display ads with your affiliate link and color style.

How to install it? :

Once again simple after you had downloaded the plugin and extracted all file in it just follow this

1. Upload `cb-ads` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Upload `fcp302.html` file to the `/wp-admin/` directory
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Pick your ads through the ‘ads by cb’ ‘settings’ menu in WordPress
5. pick sidebar you want to display clickbank ads on and click “add” by “Ads By CB”
through the ‘Widgets’ ‘appearances’ menu in WordPress.
6. that’s it.

How to set it up? :

here are the plugin admin setting page screen shoots
Clickbank ads

Clickbank wp plugin

Now lets brake it down:
wordpress plugin

1.  Its pretty much self explanatory but just to cover all cases, in this field you enter your clickbank affiliate id.  (if you mange to mess this up you wont be making any money!)

2. Here you enter your main keyword,  ads will be related to this keyword.

3. In This field you tell the plugin where to look for the keyword in our database, for more targeted ads use the “In Title” option but if you can’t get many ads or the ads are not changing go for the “In Description” option.

4. Our database is split in to 9 categories just like clickbank, to make your ads even more targeted pick the right one.

5. This is where you tell the plugin what kind of ads you want it to display.

6. How many ads you want.

Next we have

adsbycb plugin

1,2,3. When you click on any one of these buttons you will get a tiny pop up just like the one above number 5 , to pick your colors for the ads Title, Description and background.

4. After you click “Save changes” (number 6) your ads preview will update and you will get a chance to see what your ads will look like.

5. Color Selector pop up window, do i really need to tell you how to use it?

6. “Save change” button will save all your change to the plugin admin setting page.

you see just like i said it would be easy!

FAQ:

Q: Where can i download it?

A: here.

Q : How can this be Free?

A: Well, sure its free but I am not a going to lie to you, just like I am helping you make money

by displaying these ads you are helping me.

how?

for every ad load you make (page load of a page with ads on it) on of the ads will hold my

affiliate id, so if you setup the plugin to display 8 ads , 7 will be your affiliate links and a  random one will be my affiliate link.

Q: Can i remove your affiliate id from the plugin?

A: We are working on a pro version that will be without our affiliate id for a one time fee.

Q: Can i remove the “Ads By AdsByCB” at the bottom?

A: No, you Can’t.

feel free to leave your feedback’s ,questions,suggestion and comments.

Comments

• By George Serradinho, March 10, 2009 @ 8:35 am

Hi there,

I downloaded your plugin and installed it but nothing shows on my website. I have entered my details and put the widget on my sidebar. I’m using WP 2.7.1.

Am I missing something?

• By adsman, March 16, 2009 @ 1:32 am

well if you can’t see the ads then yes you are missing something.

check if your theme uses a dynamic or static sidebar,
    i bet it uses static and that is why you cant see the ads.

let me know

• By Danny, March 19, 2009 @ 1:12 am

I Just got to say

Thanks Man,

with your plugin i made an extra income of $248 on six
    of my autoblogs.

i’m dieing to see the new system you’re working on.

thanks again.

• By Mark Wood, March 19, 2009 @ 1:44 am

Just downloaded and installed in less the 60 seconds

• By Ilan B, March 19, 2009 @ 9:35 am

Thank very much for this plugin.

i love it.

• By Rivermaya, March 20, 2009 @ 12:47 am

hi, great plugin
    but I got these errors on widgets one of my blog

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘http://adsbycb.com/ads/getads.php?=clickbankid&keyword=pets&adtype=td&adsnum=4&titlec=0000FF&textc=000000&backc=ffffff&adscat=3&wq=) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cb-ads/adsbycb.php on line 40

what I missed ?

• By Rivermaya, March 20, 2009 @ 12:56 am

is Razohad your CB Id ?

I always found it once between 4-6 ads

• By Cheap UK Web Hosting, March 20, 2009 @ 9:41 am

thanks for the post, that’s really going to help me out.

• By April S., March 22, 2009 @ 11:42 pm

I love your plug in.

i never had any luck with clickbank and i allways found it
    too time consuming , but now i get about 200 hops a day and
    3-6 sales a day.

thank you!

• By adsman, March 22, 2009 @ 11:52 pm

“Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cb-ads/adsbycb.php on line 40

what I missed ?”

this means that your server/host has been disabled!

• By Yogi, March 23, 2009 @ 10:03 pm

Thanks for this plugin
    I had the same problem so i installed
    wp on my other host and its working great.

thanks

• By Joe, March 28, 2009 @ 12:53 am

Can it be resized?

• By cupidangel, March 28, 2009 @ 4:52 pm

I have tried to install this plugin and do all the instructions as you’ve advised, but it didn’t show anything on my sidebar yet I got ERROR on my widget sidebar when I add “add by cb” on my sidebar, then it appear “%BEG_OF_TITLE%%END_OF_TITLE%” on the ‘widgets’ appearances. Even when I access my homepage, it didn’t show anything there on my website. Is there anything wrong? please help me.

Thanks.

• By cupidangel, March 28, 2009 @ 4:56 pm

Is there any possibilities to show this plugin on my sidebar if I usually edit my sidebar manually from “editor” appearances instead of using “widgets” appearances?
    thanks.

• By adsman, March 30, 2009 @ 10:24 am

@cupidange well no yet but we are working on it read
    Clickbank ads every where

Same gos for Joe.

• By Dan, April 15, 2009 @ 6:59 pm

I am having the same problem that Rivermaya had stated on 3-20-09. My host asks if a plugin is required? Their techs say this should work there.

• By Carol Lim, April 16, 2009 @ 3:04 am

Hi, thanks for this fantastic plug in but here, I have a problem like Mr. George Serradinho, I couldn’t see the adds on my site, but after I checked the source code, it should be there. it just can’t be seen. Can it be fixed?

Thanks

• By adsman, April 16, 2009 @ 7:53 am

well if you can’t see the ads then yes you are missing something.

check if your theme uses a dynamic or static sidebar,
    i bet it uses static and that is why you cant see the ads.

let me know

• By adsman, April 16, 2009 @ 7:54 am

no need for any plugin just PHP include() enabled.

• By Carol Lim, April 16, 2009 @ 1:09 pm

Thx 4 the answer but sorry, so what should I do. There is only a sidebar on my site.

What is the solution then? thanks

• By June, April 16, 2009 @ 5:35 pm

I would love to be notified when I can get the code to add using my side bar editor instead of a widget, too. Widgets don’t usually work on my blog. They mess up the configuration. This one does too on the left side bar, but seems to be working fine on the right side bar. It is the only widget that has not messed up the complete configuration.

This is the problem. The color picker doesn’t load so I added my own color keys in. That was easy enough, but the BIG problem for me is that I cannot choose exactly where the widget shows up since it is the ONLY widget that has ever worked for me, it is the only widget installed. I don’t have a way to edit it’s placement. Having the code, I could put it exactly where I want it on either sidebar. I would like to replace adsense completely with these ads on the left.

Thanks so much for creating this! Once I can put it where I want it, it will be totally awesome!

• By adsman, April 18, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

you an just subscribe to our rss feed and once we launch it you’ll be notified

• By Jerry Jackson, April 20, 2009 @ 6:55 pm

@ adsman
    open your php.ini file and search for “allow_url_include” and set the value to “Yes”, this fixed the problem for me anyway. Looks like a useful plugin, thanks!

• By Jerry Jackson, April 21, 2009 @ 7:51 am

Just to follow up on my earlier post, I wonder have you any plans to remove the need to set the “allow_url_include=Yes” in php.ini in a future version? This is something of a problem as many hosts won’t allow this setting to be changed, mine included 🙂

• By adsman, April 23, 2009 @ 11:26 am

we are looking in to it and probably i change that into a JavaScript request

• By Dan, May 5, 2009 @ 8:16 pm

How do I find out if a side bar is dynamic or static? Can I change it? I have tried several different themes and have the same problem that (function,include) not present.

• By ASU Service, June 17, 2009 @ 4:00 pm

Hi Gents,
    Wanted to compliment you on a great plug-in!

Sadly, tho’, I wont use it because you don’t allow the option to have the links open in a new window. I don’t allow any external links to take a visitor away from my site. Hopefully you’ll make that an optional setting.

I’ll check back in the future.

• By Benjamin, August 27, 2009 @ 4:55 pm

On some servers even allow_url_fopen=on still doesn’t work. You can possibly use curl to get around it. Just change the function in adsbycb.php to read:

function myplugin_widget($args) {
    global $myplugin_title,$adkey,$adtype,$adsn,$adtc,$adtxc,$adbc,$cbafid,$adcat,$wq;
    extract($args);

echo $before_widget;
    echo $before_title . $myplugin_title . $after_title;
    $ch = curl_init();
    $c = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    $c = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, “http://adsbycb.com/ads/getads.php?cbid=”.$cbafid.”&keyword=”.$adkey.”&adtype=”.$adtype.”&adsnum=”.$adsn.”&titlec=”.$adtc.”&textc=”.$adtxc.”&backc=”.$adbc.”&adscat=”.$adcat.”&wq=”.$qw);
    $c = curl_exec($ch);
    echo $c;
    echo $after_widget;
    }

• By Allan, February 24, 2010 @ 9:07 pm

Hello, I downloaded and installed “adsbycb” exactly as instructed. After setting the options, it says no options taken and the logo for “adsbycb” is displayed my the blog and when click on logo…it points to this exact page that i’m penning the comment on.

Thanks, Allan

• By Keith Thompson, May 2, 2010 @ 12:13 am

HI Guys,
    I am having a problem on this particular site, works OK on another wp site but here I get these messages:
    Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/myautor1/public_html/keithtblog.com/wp-content/plugins/ads-by-cb/adsbycb.php on line 40
    Warning: include(http://adsbycb.com/ads/getads.php?cbid=keitht2009&keyword=google&adtype=td&adsnum=1&titlec=660000&textc=393939&backc=FFFFFF&adscat=4&wq=) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/myautor1/public_html/keithtblog.com/wp-content/plugins/ads-by-cb/adsbycb.php on line 40
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘http://adsbycb.com/ads/getads.php?cbid=keitht2009&keyword=google&adtype=td&adsnum=1&titlec=660000&textc=393939&backc=FFFFFF&adscat=4&wq=’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/myautor1/public_html/keithtblog.com/wp-content/plugins/ads-by-cb/adsbycb.php on line 40

Any Help anyone?
    Thanks, Keith

• By Deb, May 27, 2010 @ 11:26 pm

I just came across your site today and installed the free plugin on two of my new sites. This is so cool. Thanks so much.

• By John, October 28, 2010 @ 3:09 am

Hi there,
    I just installed your plugin, and I got this error message:

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/amazonc5/public_html/CBPRODUCTS.ORG/wp-content/plugins/cb-ads/adsbycb.php on line 40

This error is repeated equal the number of adds I set to.

Thanks,