Ads By CB wordpress plugin Now hosted by WordPress.org

Yep, its a spacial day for us today!!!

our adsbycb wordpress plugin is now hosted by WordPress.org

you can read all about it at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ads-by-cb/

thank you everyone who made this plugin a success.

Comments

• By baron, April 14, 2009 @ 2:46 pm

Works great, thank you

• By adsman, April 15, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

Sure , no problems 🙂

• By Pius, April 17, 2009 @ 6:05 pm

Hello,

I install the plugin on my blog and l got the messages below:

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/fitness/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cb-ads/adsbycb.php on line 40

Warning: include(http://adsbycb.com/ads/getads.php?cbid=avenues1&keyword=fitness&adtype=td&adsnum=5&titlec=0066CC&textc=303030&backc=&adscat=2&wq=) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/fitness/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cb-ads/adsbycb.php on line 40

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘http://adsbycb.com/ads/getads.php?cbid=avenues1&keyword=fitness&adtype=td&adsnum=5&titlec=0066CC&textc=303030&backc=&adscat=2&wq=’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/fitness/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cb-ads/adsbycb.php on line 40

I immediately contacted my hosting company and l have below the messages l received from them:

Hello,

I checked your server configuration and it says:

allow_url_fopen = On

You should check plugin manual or contact vendor directly.
    Please keep in mind that phpsuexec (all servers built with it) denies file access / script execution outside user directory /home/user/public_html (security reasons).

What should l do to make the plugin work. Your assistance will be appreciated.

• By adsman, April 18, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

Well your problem is right there

this means that this plugin won’t work with your host.
    but once we have our member system running you can use it instead.

• By Traffic Geek, September 17, 2009 @ 8:12 pm

Can the plugin be used without widgets?

• By Keith Thompson, May 5, 2010 @ 2:36 am

Thanks adsman,
    I am taking this to my host because it works on a site I have with another account with the same host (Justhost), but not with this site? Curious hey?
    Cheers Keith
    ps like your new product though, I have tried a couple of othjers and they just don’t work well (or at all!) and people are still selling the c##p!

Other Links to this Post